Data Scientist student - Recommendation
- Job Type:
- The recommendation team in Israel is a fast growing team responsible for designing and building recommendation algorithms for a wide array of Microsoft products such as Xbox Games, Xbox Movies, Groove Music, Windows Store, Windows Phone, and much more. We develop cutting edge machine learning algorithms that serve tens of millions of users around the globe.We are looking for a data scientist student (part time job) to join one of the best machine learning groups in the country.Responsibilities include:
Qualified candidates meet the following requirements:
- Working with world class machine learning researchers and data scientists.
- Help developing real-world machine learning algorithms serving millions of users worldwide.
- Developing recommender systems for Windows Apps, Phone Apps, Xbox games, movies and music. Working with big data. Statistical analysis of data.
- Extracting insights from data.
- Data manipulations (filtering, data transformations, etc.).
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.
- PhD. or MSc. Student preferably in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or a related field.
- Excellent coding skills.
- Hands on experience working with large data sets.
- Familiarity with machine learning or data mining algorithms.
- Familiarity with statistics.
- Ability to work 3 days a week (or more).
- At least 1 year remaining before final graduation.
- Passionate about big-data.
- Team player and enthusiastic.