Marketing Internship Opportunity @ Microsoft Greece
Start date: September 2017
Duration: 4 months
Both full-time and part-time (20 or 30 hours per week) are available
Location: Athens, Greece
Who are we?
It’s a time of exciting change and new thinking at Microsoft. We’re focused on improving the day-to-day lives of our customers, delivering meaningful impact through ground-breaking technology and providing a truly unified experience.
Through incredible services like OneDrive, Skype, CRM and Office powering a Mobile First, Cloud First world, we deliver a positive blend of work and play across different devices, locations and users. Across digital life, we’re reinventing productivity.
In order to fuel this change, we need people prepared to challenge convention, question the status quo and collaborate with likeminded individuals that don’t fear failure but see it as a necessary step toward making a mark on the world. We look for highly energetic people with initiative and drive. We want passionate, curious individuals who can think laterally and ask new questions.
This isn’t your average tea-making, hand-holding internship. We’ll put you on real projects from the start, developing your natural talents and providing you with insights that will change the way you look at everything from smartphones to search engines and beyond.
Our world-class products require world-class marketing strategies. With over hundreds of Marketing activities each year across our businesses, you’ve got every chance to help us capture the imagination of our customers. We are looking for Marketing Interns to work with us. We are looking for candidates enthusiastic about technology and engaging with the broad community. The most important talents we seek from our intern applicants are genuine passion and curiosity about technology, creative thinking, and the desire to work hard alongside some great minds in the industry. People with interests in developing a marketing career in the technology industry are strongly suggested to apply.
By applying for this Intern Marketing track, you will be considered for all available Marketing roles including Product Marketing Manager, Enterprise Marketing Manager, Consumer Marketing Manager, Event Manager, Digital Marketing Manager, Marketing Communications Manager, Channel Marketing Manager etc in both B2B and B2C businesses.
In particular, you will be involved in:
- The organization, management and measurement of marketing initiatives;
- The study and development of information materials and documentation;
- Monitoring of business opportunities that may arise from activities of marketing products business development;
- Day-to-day management of marketing agencies;
- Marcom mix planning and execution of consumer&enterprise marketing campaigns;
- Campaign management, campaigns metrics and ROI reporting;
- Driving and supporting digital/online activities and sites.
Qualifications and requirements
- Graduating in 2017 from full-time Bachelor or Master program or graduating in January - February 2018 from full-time Bachelor or Master program and also graduating in 2018-2019 from full time Master program
- Degree in marketing/sales/business or related disciplines will be an advantage;
- Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology, Software Development, IT Security or related technical discipline (ie math, physics) will be a benefit as well;
- Previous experience in a marketing/sales/business development/analytics role will be an benefit;
- Passion for technology and innovation;
- Strong listening skills; Competency in Building Successful Relationships;
- Good project management skills;
- Fluent Greek and working level of English;
- Able to work full-time or part-time from September 2017;
- Best if able to work full-time starting from Jan-Feb 2018, (to continue on MACH);
- Desire to build a long-term career at Microsoft in a similar function, particularly as part of our Microsoft Academy for College Hires (MACH) program;
- Paid internship with real responsibilities and impact from day one;
- Personal and career development support, opportunity to learn Microsoft products and to become an expert;
- Dynamic and prestigious work environment;
- The best tools and technologies at your fingertips;
- Opportunity to become full-time employee and MACH program participant in February or September 2018
- Scenario assessment (online test) – April
- Screening interview (Skype) – April - May
- Interview/Assessment (@ Microsoft Greece) – mid May
Please note that only short listed candidates will be contacted. All applications will be considered under the terms and conditions of confidentiality in accordance with the regulations of personal data protection.