Business Development & Sales Internship Opportunity @ Microsoft Greece
Start date: September 2017
Duration: 4 months
Both full-time and part-time (20 or 30 hours per week) are available
Location: Athens, Greece
Who are we?
It’s a time of exciting change and new thinking at Microsoft. We’re focused on improving the day-to-day lives of our customers, delivering meaningful impact through ground-breaking technology and providing a truly unified experience.
Through incredible services like OneDrive, Skype, CRM and Office powering a Mobile First, Cloud First world, we deliver a positive blend of work and play across different devices, locations and users. Across digital life, we’re reinventing productivity.
In order to fuel this change, we need people prepared to challenge convention, question the status quo and collaborate with likeminded individuals that don’t fear failure but see it as a necessary step toward making a mark on the world. We look for highly energetic people with initiative and drive. We want passionate, curious individuals who can think laterally and ask new questions.
This isn’t your average tea-making, hand-holding internship. We’ll put you on real projects from the start, developing your natural talents and providing you with insights that will change the way you look at everything from smartphones to search engines and beyond.
Our Sales teams are the lifeblood of Microsoft. They know how our products help our customers and ensure we keep our competitive advantage. Join them and learn the ins and outs of selling products to the enterprise customers. This Sales Internship is your chance to become the essential connection between our clients and the technologies that help the customers expand the size of their businesses and become more profitable. As a Sales professional at Microsoft, you’ll work closely with the sales teams which serve as the human face of our multi-billion-dollar global company. You will become a trusted counsellor who inspires enthusiasm and guides enterprise clients to make shrewd technology decisions that are in the best interests of their companies.
By applying for this Intern Business Development&Sales track, you will be considered for all available Business Development&Sales roles including Account Executive, Business Development Manager, Inside Sales Executive, Licencing Sales Specialist, Partner Sales Executive, Channel Executive etc in both B2B and B2C businesses. All of these roles support and promote our solutions for Enterprise customer and/or consumers and/or support Partners in their businesses.
In particular, you will be involved in:
- Supporting the sales team through interaction with the Field Account Managers and the accounts directly;
- Working directly with accounts to drive monthly sales and Microsoft KPIs;
- Interacting with customers to answer their questions and address their issues;
- Prospecting and identifying business development opportunities;
- Engaging on sales data collection;
- Process improvement, business change management and customer and partner research;
- Preparing regular forecasts and pipeline reports, using Microsoft’s tools and resources.
Qualifications and requirements
- Graduating in 2017 from full-time Bachelor or Master program or graduating in January - February 2018 from full-time Bachelor or Master program and also graduating in 2018-2019 from full time Master program
- Degree in business/management/marketing/economics/finance or related disciplines or degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology, Software Development, IT Security or related technical discipline (ie math, physics) is a big advantage;
- Previous experience in a sales/business development/consulting role will be a benefit;
- Strong motivation to work as a front-line Sales&Business development person dealing with customers;
- Good understanding of the relationship between technology and business;
- Passion for technology and innovation;
- Excellent communication, negotiations and cross-group collaboration skills;
- Competency in Building Successful Relationships;
- Good project management skills;
- Passion for driving results and seeing projects through to completion;
- Fluent Greek and working level of English;
- Able to work full-time or part-time from September 2017
- Best if able to work full-time starting from Jan-Feb 2018, (to continue on MACH);
- Desire to build a long-term career at Microsoft in a similar function, particularly as part of our Microsoft Academy for College Hires (MACH) program;
- Paid internship with real responsibilities and impact from day one;
- Personal and career development support, opportunity to learn Microsoft products and to become an expert;
- Dynamic and prestigious work environment;
- The best tools and technologies at your fingertips;
- Opportunity to become full-time employee and MACH program participant in February or September 2018
- Scenario assessment (online test) – April
- Screening interview (Skype) – April - May
- Interview/Assessment (@ Microsoft Greece) – mid May
Please note that only short listed candidates will be contacted. All applications will be considered under the terms and conditions of confidentiality in accordance with the regulations of personal data protection.