Africa to Redmond Software Engineering - Graduate Role / Applicants from University of Cape Town Only
- Job Type:
- Full Time
- South Africa
Do complex problems make you thrive? You are intellectually curious and love to innovate and collaborate?
If so, join Microsoft to envision, create and build the solutions and tools of the future. Together, let's empower billions.
What do Software Engineers do at Microsoft?
Software engineers (SWEs) collaborate with a committed team to design, develop and test the next generation of technology solutions for millions of people. This is where grassroots innovation and large-scale engineering coexist. The environment can lead to some fascinating stories!
As a Software engineer (SWE) at Microsoft, you will work in a team with other SWEs and program managers to solve problems and build innovative software solutions. You must be customer-obsessed and display a drive for quality. You will also be expected to demonstrate an ability to learn and adopt relevant new technologies, tools, methods and processes to leverage in your solutions.
You are dedicated to building software to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more.
· Currently pursuing bachelor's, master's, or PhD degree in engineering, computer science or related field.
· A year or two of experience in object-oriented programming languages such as C++,C#, Java or other programming languages.
· Understanding of algorithms, data structures and other systems architecture factors that affect code quality, performance and customer experience
· Some experience building software outside of the classroom environment like an internship, hackathon, research project or related experience preferred
· Ability to work in a team and effective time management
Benefits and Perks:
· Building world-changing solutions
· Network and collaborate with the brightest in the industry
· Work-life balance and the flexibility to work remotely allows teams to be productive anywhere
· Endless career paths filled with robust and diverse experiences and roles
Application closing date: 07 August 2018
For more information: careers.microsoft.com
Learn more about life at Microsoft: blogs.microsoft.com/jobs