Partner Technical Strategy Internship Opportunity @ Microsoft Czech Republic
- Job Type:
- Czech Republic
- Partner Technical Strategy Internship Opportunity @ Microsoft Czech RepublicStart date: January-February 2018Duration: till July 2018Both full-time and part-time (20 or 30 hours per week) are availableLocation: Prague, Czech RepublicApplication deadline: November 15 (but we encourage you to apply as soon as possible, as the program is quite popular, and we accept the application on first come-first served basis)Do you want to make the difference?Are you passionate about technology?Do you want to join a multicultural environment?Then Microsoft is the right place to be! JOIN our team as Partner Technical Strategy Intern role that is designed for recent graduates and final year students like youWho are we?It’s a time of exciting change and new thinking at Microsoft. We’re focused on improving the day-to-day lives of our customers, delivering meaningful impact through ground-breaking technology and providing a truly unified experience.In order to fuel this change, we need people prepared to challenge convention, question the status quo and collaborate with likeminded individuals that don’t fear failure but see it as a necessary step toward making a mark on the world. We look for highly energetic people with initiative and drive. We want passionate, curious individuals who can think laterally and ask new questions.The roleThe Partner Technology Specialist (PTS) role is key to Microsoft's partner management strategy as part of the One Commercial Partner (OCP) Organization. Microsoft partners are systems integrators, independent software vendors (ISVs) and distributors. Via the channel business development model Microsoft together with the partners works with clients to ensure their business needs are addressed through Microsoft products and services.The role of the Partner Technology Strategist is to secure partner’s technical commitment, ensure ongoing enablement and support their business growth. The PTS Intern helps partners grow their existing technical capacity and supports the partners in getting new technical competencies. The PTS Intern will be working across all Microsoft B2B portfolio with the focus on cloud solutions (especially Azure and Dynamics 365). Through gaining a deep understanding of partner’s business and having technical acumen the PTS Intern will help partner identify new business&technical solutions and areas. The focus of the role evidences Microsoft’s deep commitment to the partner ecosystem to build a mutually beneficial technical and practice development relationship by working closely with partner technical leadership. The PTS Intern represents Microsoft to the channel, communicates our tech strategy, sells our vision and brings partners along in the digital transformation journey. The outcome will be to drive long-term revenue, accelerate cloud consumption and digital transformation through a set of best practices.In particular, you will be involved in:
In the current digitally transforming world Microsoft focuses on reinventing productivity&business processes, creating more personal computing and building intellectual cloud platform. As part of this transformation our big bet is accelerating Cloud adoption (Azure, Office 365, Dynamics 365, ect) and consumption and building and developing active cloud practices for key cloud workloads.Qualifications and requirements
- Mapping customer&partners’ business initiatives and strategies to requirements supported with specific Microsoft solutions and providing strong business justifications.
- Providing expertise on the business and technical value of Microsoft products&solutions to enterprise customers helping them build and develop their IT infrastructures.
Graduated in 2017 or on track to graduate in 2018 from full-time Bachelor or Master program;
- Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology, Software Development, IT Security or related technical discipline (ie math, physics) as well as Business, Economics, management is a big advantage;
- Working experience in technical consulting, IT solutions deployment, is a huge benefit;
- Previous experience in a strategy/sales/business development/consulting role will be an advantage;
- Knowledge and hands-on experience in Microsoft Technologies with focus on Cloud solutions will be a benefit;
- Good understanding of the relationship between technology and business;
- Passion for technology and innovation;
- Excellent communication, negotiations and cross-group collaboration skills;
- Fluent Czech/Slovak and working level of English;
- Desire to build a long-term career at Microsoft in a similar function, particularly as part of our Microsoft Academy for College Hires (MACH) program;
- Able to work full-time or part-time from January-February 2018;
- Able to work full-time starting from September 2018 (to continue as MACH);
- Most important is the willingness to gain new skills and learn further.
- Paid internship with real responsibilities and impact from day one;
- Personal and career development support, opportunity to learn Microsoft products and to become an expert;
- Dynamic and prestigious work environment;
- The best tools and technologies at your fingertips;
- Opportunity to become full-time employee and MACH program participant in September 2018.
Find more information in our brochure www.aka.ms/opportunitiesatmicrosoftHave a look at the video about internship experience https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOfSHvn3b2EExplore our CEE Interns&Graduates blog www.microsoftstudents.euBenefits of working at MicrosoftWe value different life experiences and viewpoints. We seek out people from diverse backgrounds and encourage them to take risks and approach challenges unconventionally. We will invest in your health and financial future, and encourage you to pursue your interests and passions away from the office. Our products and technologies help you balance life away from the office and enable you to manage your schedule efficiently.Please note that only short listed candidates will be contacted. All applications will be considered under the terms and conditions of confidentiality in accordance with the regulations of personal data protection.
- Scenario assessment (online test) – October-November
- Video-interview (online) – October-November
- Interview/Assessment (@ Microsoft Czech) – November-December