Data scientist intern - Education
- Job Type:
Position (title): Data Scientist Intern
Location: Herzeliya Group: Education
The Education team is a new and innovative team which aims to build the next generation of intelligent Educational systems. Our mission is to help each student achieve more! We’re doing so by building cross disciplinary teams of exceptional individuals who have deep passion about education and mastery in either engineering, data science or user experience. We move fast and validate our solutions frequently with our customers. We’re already making impact on millions of students worldwide. If you share a passion to Education, your place is with us.
For those of you who are unfamiliar with the Microsoft Big Data technologies, being a cloud infrastructure provider we have a unique position to leverage an outstanding world class data mining infrastructure and unique tools. In addition, we have close relationships with world class researchers from MSR.
We are looking for an intern researcher/data scientist with good engineering skills and strong approach for data and Machine Learning. A background or experience in Education Analytics is a plus. We provide the data scientist with top notch opportunities to work, grow, learn, as well as engage in academic activities such as publications and conferences, patenting, giving talks, traveling to customers and collaborators.
· Available for at least 3 days a week
· Learning towards MSc/PhD in computer science, data science, statistics, information systems, mathematics or physics.
· Experience working with machine learning algorithms such as supervised and unsupervised methods, reinforcement learning, etc.
· Ability to code in high level languages (C#, C++ or Java), as well as scripting (SQL, Python) and ability to ramp up on basics of new tools quickly.
· Highly motivated, methodical, innovation-oriented, communicative, a self-starter with demonstrated ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
· Demonstrate success dealing with ambiguous “unsolved” problems; and the ability to independently make solid progress by breaking new ground.
· Ability to balance creativity and execution.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.
We greatly encourage and welcome qualified candidates who happen to have disabilities to apply for jobs in our company.All FTE positions will be required to pass the Microsoft background check upon hire.