2018 Malaysia Undergrad/Masters Internship
- Job Type:
- At Microsoft, our interns work on projects that matter – and your team will rely on your skills and insights to help deliver those projects to market. You’ll get the opportunity to work on real projects and have fun along the way. This is your chance to show off your skills and work on cutting-edge technology. We offer internships in all job families and product areas. Imagine yourself as a Microsoft intern. Join Microsoft today, and help us shape the business of tomorrow.
- As an Intern at Microsoft, you’ll join our best in class Intern program in Asia Pacific, where you will take on challenging and meaningful projects during a 12-week long period. In your application, you will indicate which category of role (Corporate & Sales, Technical Sales or Customer Facing Technology) best suit your goals and the learning experience that you would like to pursue. In our screening process, we will pipe you for the roles that would fall under that category and align your core strengths and competencies to the internship role that best suit you.
Our intern program is designed for penultimate year university students who are on track to complete their studies in an IT related field and are passionate about empowering our customers and solving business problems through technology. We are looking for highly motivated individuals looking to join us in our mission to empower every person and organisation to achieve more.
Key features of the Program:
- You can expect to work full-time (5 days) for 12 weeks from June to August/September 2018. The internship start date will be determined after we have given our offer.
- You will be paid at a competitive market rate.
- You can expect to join our signature Intern Learning Week conference with all our Interns across Asia Pacific (up to 8 countries) in our Singapore Area Headquarters Office for one week in July 2018.
- You will be working on projects with your hiring managers and an additional stretch project with the intern community.
Here are some areas of the business you can expect to Intern in:
Corporate & Sales
Become the essential connection between our clients and the technologies that help them expand the size of their businesses and become more profitable. You collaborate, manage, and fuel the success of business groups. You are dedicated to creativity, communication, and strategy. We need world-class marketing professionals to drive our consumer and enterprise growth. We are looking for agile and innovative thinkers to keep us on the forefront of technology and on top of the continually evolving world of marketing.
Example role titles include but are not limited to; Partner Channel Development Manager, Audience Marketing Manager, Licensing Sales Specialist, Account Executive, Business Planning Manager, and Channel/Partner Marketing Manager, Business Program Manager.
Joining the Microsoft Sales team is an excellent opportunity for you to learn the competitive, economic, business, international, geopolitical and industrial landscape of our customers' businesses, and apply your knowledge of how Microsoft solutions provide value. This is an exciting and collaborative team focused on winning, dedicated to the customer and committed to developing your potential.
Example role titles include but are not limited to; Account Technology Strategist, Solution Sales Professional, Technology Solutions Professional and many more.
Customer facing Technology
Taking on a customer facing technical role, you will gain hands on experience with the world’s most advanced technologies, see new products come to market and introduce cutting-edge technology solutions to our customers. We have some of the world’s biggest companies as clients. If you like the idea of developing technical solutions to help them overcome their business problems, this is the role for you.
Example role titles include but are not limited to; Premier Field Engineer, Technical Account Manager, Consultant, and Technical Evangelist.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE JANUARY 26, 2018.
- Must be in your penultimate year of your degree/s.
- Bachelor/Master degree in computer science, computer engineering, IT, information systems or related fields.
- Less than two years of full-time professional work experience.
- Must be legally authorised to work in the country you are applying for upon application.
- A passion for technology and working with customers.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to manage complex projects with multiple stakeholders.
- Thrives and delivers results in a fast-paced, sometimes ambiguous environment.
- Ability to influence, inspire and lead from any role.
- Proven community or volunteering experience.
- Ability to work effectively in teams and contribute to shared goals.
- Willing and motivated to learn new skills, techniques, knowledge.
- Seeks opportunities to learn new methods, procedures or techniques
- Good understanding of the relationship between technology and business
Upon applying for this position you will be invited to create an account in this application system, please do check your junk folder on the off chance the invitation does not come through. The invitation will come through from: firstname.lastname@example.org.
To learn more about the full-time and internship programme that we run in Asia Pacific region, please visit our Asia Pacific University Careers Portal for more information.Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.