Europe Full-Time Engineering
- Job Type:
- Full Time
- Czech Republic
Full-Time Opportunities in Development (engineering)
Applications to this opportunity are considered for all available Development (engineering) roles.
Software engineers (SWEs) at Microsoft are passionate about building technologies that make the world a better place. At Microsoft, you will collaborate with a team of programming experts to solve problems and build some of the world's most advanced services and devices. Your efforts on the design, development, and testing of next-generation applications will have an impact on millions of people.
You are the link between abstract concepts and delivered solutions – the one who understands the consumer, solving problems, and building applications that will impact millions of people.
SWEs dive deep into code and work with fellow programming experts to solve problems and build powerful new tools. You are required to think about the customer to ensure stellar product quality, and you provide technical guidance to PMs as they communicate user needs and product requirements. As a SWE, you are dedicated to producing the world's most advanced software.
- A bachelor's, master's, or doctorate degree in engineering, computer science or related field (within six months of graduation).
- A year or two of experience programming in C++, Java or other computer programming languages preferred.
- A year or two of experience in C/C++/C#/VB.NET and experience designing and developing tool architecture preferred.
- Strong technical prowess, including understanding of algorithms, systems architecture and end-user experience.
- Ability to think unconventionally to derive creative and innovative solutions.
- Expertise in feature definition, design and feasibility.
- Demonstrated skill in estimating development time.
- Demonstrated skills in negotiation and conflict management.