Microsoft AI Residency Program - Redmond, WA (USA)
- Job Type:
- Full Time
- United States
- Learn new AI skills and improve people’s lives with intelligent technologyJoin our team as a resident of our 2018 Microsoft AI Residency Program. You will have the opportunity to work alongside prominent researchers and engineers in Redmond, WA, gaining skills and hands-on experience working on practical AI and machine learning problems that help tackle some of society’s toughest challenges. The ideal candidate will have a passion for leveraging their expertise from computer science work and/or other technical fields to solve real-world challenges by applying artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning.
In this year-long program, selected residents will:
- Gain real-world, hands-on industry experience while working with Microsoft researchers, engineers, and product teams.
- Learn about deploying machine learning solutions at scale across a range of areas such as healthcare, entertainment, and productivity.
- Benefit from a rich program of training and mentorship.
- Be part of a vibrant AI and machine learning community in Cambridge, UK, and Redmond, WA.
- Receive competitive compensation and be encouraged to apply for a regular position at Microsoft at the end the residency program.
Apply to learn new AI skills and help improve people’s lives with intelligent technologyTo apply to the 2018 Microsoft AI Residency program, you will need to complete the application and submit the following items:
- BSc, MSc, and PhD graduates with degrees in, but not limited to: computer science, electrical engineering, data science, mathematics, physics, economics, human-computer interaction, and computational biology.
- Experience developing in at least one high-level language such as Python or C/C++/C#.
- Experience with machine learning techniques or deep learning frameworks is desirable.
- Enthusiasm to move into the field is essential.
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative and interdisciplinary environment.
- Strong communication skills.
- Cover letter that includes a personal statement as to why are you interested and passionate about AI and machine learning, and what you hope to gain from the Microsoft AI Residency experience.
- CV/Resume (include relevant coursework, coding experience, links to publications, blog posts, professional webpages as applicable).
If you have any questions, please contact AIResidency@microsoft.com
- Upon invitation to a formal interview, 2 letters of recommendation may be requested.
Key DatesApplication Deadline
We encourage completed applications to be submitted by February 28, 2018, but will continue to review applications until March 30, 2018.Notification of admission
April 2018 – May 2018Residency program
September 2018 – August 2019
Visit the Microsoft AI Residency Program page for more information